Manna Dey’s death anniversary: A look-back at the genius’s impact on Indian music : Music, News
Manna Dey’s death anniversary: A look-back at the genius’s impact on Indian music
Manna Dey passed away on this day, three years ago leaving a giant void in India’s music community.
Manna Dey is one of India’s gems in music who transcended all boundaries of Bollywood music and made a name for himself singing some of the most difficult tunes in most genres. He sang more than 4000 songs in a career spanning more than seven decades. He shot to stardom when he took on Kishore Kumar in a duel for the Sunil Dutt-starrer Padosan. Some of his other famous songs include Zindagi kaisi hai paheli from Rajesh Khanna-starrer Anand.
Manna Dey has had a significant impact on the scenery of Indian music which was far from limiting itself within Bollywood. Here are the genius’s 10 best songs:
1. Ek Chatur Naara (Padosan, 1968)
2. Zindagi Kaisi Hai Paheli (Anand, 1971)
3. Aye Bhai Zara Dekh Ke Chalo (Mera Naam Joker, 1970)
4. Yeh Raat Bheegi Bheegi (Chori Chori, 1956)
5. Yaari hai Imaan Mera (Zanjeer, 1973)
6. Aye Meri Zohra Jabeen (Waqt, 1965)
7. Chalat Musafir Moh Liya Re (Teesri Kasam, 1966)
8. Aaja Sanam (Chori Chori, 1956)
9. Aao Twist Karein (Bhoot Bungla, 1965)
10. Ae Mere Pyaare Watan (Kabuliwala, 1961)
For news and videos in Hindi, go to AajTak.in. ताज़ातरीन ख़बरों और वीडियो के लिए आजतक.इन पर आएं.